Establishments that sell or serve alcoholic beverages by law are not allowed to sell alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons or patrons under the age of 21. If they do, and f the intoxicated person then gets into an automobile accident because they were too drunk to drive, it is possible to bring a claim against the establishment. Dram shop liability refers to the liability of bars, restaurants, liquor stores, or other businesses selling alcohol for injuries caused by an over-served customer.

The experienced attorneys at DeLuca Maucher know how to gather evidence to support your case as follows:

  • Surveillance video at the business;
  • Credit card or debit card transactions showing how much alcohol the person purchased and when;
  • Receipts and transaction records from the company showing what was served to the customer;
  • Any documentation or evidence from criminal proceedings or arrest records, if the person that injured you was arrested for DUI or another crime related to intoxication or the accident;
  • Statements of any witnesses to what happened in the accident and when the patron was at the bar or restaurant.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than a quarter-million people are injured each year in alcohol-related crashes. Every 31 minutes, someone in the U.S. is killed in an alcohol-related auto accident, and every two minutes, someone is injured.

When a driver makes the reckless decision to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the victim of any resulting auto accident may pursue civil damages for his or her injuries.

At the Law Offices of DeLuca Maucher, our automobile accident attorneys are dedicated to providing competent and compassionate personalized legal representation to the victims of drunk driving accidents and their families. If a family member has been injured or killed as a result of a negligent driver’s actions, we can file a personal injury or wrongful death claim to hold the at-fault driver accountable for his or her actions. Contact one of our attorneys who handle DUI automobile accident cases today to schedule a free consultation.

In South Carolina, the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit to operate a motor vehicle for an adult 21 years of age or older is .08 percent. In essence, anything over this limit is considered illegal. Driving while under the influence in South Carolina can result in various criminal charges being brought against the intoxicated driver. Also, under South Carolina s laws concerning punitive damages, numerous benefits are available to the injured party or his or her family in case of a death. A lawyer with experience in the area of DUI accident/related matters from DeLuca Maucher can help you understand your legal rights and assist you and your family in obtaining the compensation you deserve.

If you are the victim of a drunk driving accident, ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA, one of our automobile accident attorneys who represent clients throughout the State can help you obtain the compensation you are entitled to receive under the law. Contact our personal injury / DUI / alcohol-related personal injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and case review.


Driving under the influence (DUI) does not refer only to drinking and driving. DUI can also occur where a driver operates a motor vehicle under the influence of an illegal drug, such as cocaine or marijuana, or even over-the-counter drugs and prescription medications that warn against use while driving. These substances have been shown to impair the performance of the essential mental and motor functions necessary to operate a motor vehicle safely.


If you have been injured by a person who was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you have rights. The choice to drive while intoxicated is reckless and represents a blatant disregard for public safety. An auto accident lawyer can, in the appropriate case, file a lawsuit on your behalf for both economic and non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering. In some instances, you may be entitled to PUNITIVE damages, damages designed to send a message to ALL drivers NOT to drive while intoxicated.

CALL DeLuca & Maucher. WE CAN HELP! Call us to find out if you have a case. 843-572-1711